Saturday, March 19, 2011

Engraved!

(by John MacDuff)

"Behold! I have [en]graven thee upon the palms of my hands!"  Isaiah 49:16

"Behold," says Immutable One, "I have
engraved you on the palms of My hands!"
Not on the mountains, as colossal as they are--for they shall depart;
on no page of nature's vast volume--for the last fires shall scorch them;
not on blazing sun--for he shall grow dim with age;
not on glorious heavens--for they shall be folded together as a scroll.
But on . . .
  the hands of might and love
,
  the hands which made the worlds,
  the hands which were transfixed on Calvary,
--I have
engraved you there!

No corroding power can efface the writing, or obliterate your name!

You are Mine now--and Mine forever!

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand!" John 10:28

No comments:

Post a Comment